Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Science experiment:

Question: What will happen to the sound if I cut the straw shorter and blow through it?
It will probably make a higher sound.

Links to research about Sound:

Hypothesis: (What do you think will happen?) e.g. I think that….
It will make a higher sound the more you cut it.

Materials needed:
Straw and Scissors

Experiment (procedure):
e.g. Step 1 - Get your Equipment

Step 2 - Cut the straw into triangles down below

Step 3 - Cut it between 2 or 3 cm

Step 4 - Blow into it

Step 5 - And found out what kind of sound it makes


Data (What happened?)
Straw Length:       Results:
Long:15cm            (When I blew into it is had a high kind of sound)
Shorter:10cm        ( When I blew into it this time is had a higher sound)
Shorter: 5cm         (I blew into it sound like a party whistle you get in goodie bags)
Shorter: 2cm         (When I blew into it got split in half)

Observations:
Blowing into the straw that our class experience. It makes a type of sound like a party popper. The shorter I have cut the straw into triangles the higher the tone of sound it makes. It makes me laugh sometimes when I blew into it. Like Effect fail.





Conclusion:

It was a great thing we had try out. We learn a lot from that it is gives me great Ideas about sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment